The Gerald J. Joseph HealthCoach program helps assess, design and coach parents and children on how to transition to healthy ways of eating and combined with an increase activity, will lead to a well balanced child’s energy, focus and calmness.
Colorful organic veggies, legumes, super-fruits, high-fiber rich root vegetables,, energy-packed nuts and seeds, grass-fed calcium-rich foods, and lets talk about Meatless Friday’s.
When you take in all the must-haves for a healthy meal for your kids, it can easily become an overwhelming checklist to achieve every single meal of the week—especially if you have a picky eater, your packing lunches and are lost for what to feed your child.
So how do you conquer kids and nutrition?
HealthCoach – (310) 497-7904
Autism Spectrum Disorder
One of the areas of research that interests me for the last decade is ASD and the relationship between the human gut, physical exercise, the mother nutrition and childhood development.
The environment within the gastrointestinal tract is called the microbome—where microbes, especially bacteria reside and chronic diseases syndromes in addition to ASD, Autism Spectrum Disorders may reside.
Recently, more has become known about the function of microbes and the microbiome’s connection with health, disease and ADS.
1) I am in the process of being recognized by my peers and around the globe as a professional who has gone above and beyond expectations to acquire the latest knowledge and research-based skills required to successfully serve individuals with cognitive disorders through Certification for Cognitive Professionals.
2) Florida Department of Education K12 Teacher Certification Health Education
3) I research and evaluate the Autism Spectrum Disorder landscape academically – University of Miami Collage of Arts & Sciences, Professor of Physiology, Executive Director, UM Center for Autism & Related Disabilities, Michael Alessandri.
4) I am currently fundraising for Autism Speaks which is dedicated to promoting solutions, across the spectrum and throughout the lifespan of children, for the needs of individuals with autism and their families through advocacy and support.
5) I am currently fundraising for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
6) I am currently collaborating with Wellness by Design, Dubai, UAE on a Childhood Obesity K12 Program
7) I am currently collaborating with CBL, Creative Brain Learning on an After School Program for the UAE – Nutrition – Exercise – Homework – Play
Autism is a mental condition, present from early childhood, characterized by difficulty in communicating and forming relationships with other people and in using language and abstract concepts.
Autism is considered a lifelong developmental disorder, but its diagnosis is based on a constellation of behavioral symptoms — social difficulties, fixated interests, obsessive or repetitive actions and unusually intense or dulled reactions to sensory stimulation — because no reliable bio-markers exist.
My mission is to develop the core competencies necessary in the field of Autism to empower researches, and families of children who have ASD to begin to recognize that organic foods, high intensity exercises and improving the microbiota can and will improve the lives of children with spectrum disorders.
Master of Education Research
I completed my research and thesis work using quantitative and exploratory research design to understand the factors that influence dietary behavior, and second, a systematic method of investigating the most effective methods for influencing dietary behavior and movement to promote health.
Gerald J. Joseph HealthCoach
I have develop an evidence-based diet, whole food nutraceutical (s) and walking program called HealthCoach for individuals with chronic disease syndromes, cognitive loss and for families with children who have been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
I work with families on the ability to pay
Grand Canyon University, GCU Phoenix, AZ
Master of Education, M.Ed.
San Diego State University, SDSU, San Diego, CA
Bachelor of Science, B.S., Health Science, Public Health
K12 Health Education Teaching Certificate
Florida Department of Education, K12 Teaching Certificate Health Education
Research – Teaching – Internships
James Monroe Elementary School, Santa Rosa, California
Cardinal Newman Preparatory Academy, Santa Rosa California
Charles H. Kim Elementary School, Koreatown, Los AngelesCalifornia
Westminster Avenue Elementary School, Venice Beach California
Family Life Education SDSU
Comprehensive School Physical Activity Programs K12 CDC
Health Education Curriculum K12 CDC
All Children Have The Ability To Learn, Heal and Prosper